Site Launch

Monday, January 14, 2008

I've been playing guitar now for around two and a half years. The whole time I've managed to do without a teacher, convinced that the material online (free or otherwise) would get me through it somehow. Well, to a certain degree, it did; I've definitely reached a level of guitar playing that I wouldn't have thought possible when I had just started. But then again, I'm clearly not yet where I want to be.

It's every musician's dream to excel in his instrument. From the day I started I envisioned myself playing licks like the pros and impressing everyone around me with my wild skills. After almost three years, I'll admit this hasn't happened yet. Far from it. But is the absence of a teacher really the only reason I haven't progressed as much as I wished I had? I don't think so. You can look around on any guitar-related forum and find out quickly enough that many have gone before you without any contact with a teacher whatsoever, and still attained a very respectable level of skill.

Now we all know the formula for achieving success in these kinds of things; it's the answer you'll get to the question "how do I get better at playing guitar?": Practice, practice, practice! I'm sure few of us will disagree with that, but by now I've found out that how you practice is at least as important as whether you do it at all. And this is where guitar learning software comes in.

Over the course of the last year or so I have tried and tested a large number a guitar learning programs available online, free or otherwise. It is my intention to review as many of these as I can, as accurately as I can. This is one man's journey through the world of online guitar resources.
I hope you enjoy your stay at GuitarWise.

Posted by Boris K at 01:01  

0 comments:

Post a Comment